Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Holy Crap, Two in a Row!

I'm feeling ambitious and doing yet another update today to brag about my productivity. (It's funny how taking a few days off from the creature will see your productivity rate soar)

I followed through with most of my ambitions from yesterday and sanded down the top of the starboard seatbacks where sailing hardware and mooring cleats will someday be anchored. I also finally cut out the roof supports, routed down the edge to make them less intrusive in the cabin, and epoxied them in. Here's a few photos:



This is the top of the starboard seatback. Spinnaker hardware will be mounted here eventually. Tomorrow I will hopefully anchor the top of the seatback in permanently. I still have quite a bit of sanding to do on the port side. Perhaps I'll purchase a heavier duty grinder soon...


Here are the roof supports being epoxied in. The supports just give the roof something a little wider to rest on while being epoxied in.


As you can see here we have the almost completed dorade boxes. Once the roof is in place over everything I will cut a few holes on top and again on the interior wall leading into the boxes and attached a couple of dorade vents. This will give me a nice little breeze while I'm camped out in the tiny cabin and it won't feel so stuffy. Pretty cool.

Tomorrow's plan after work is probably just a ton of sanding. I have a few small pieces of timber to anchor inside the dorade boxes as well, and perhaps I'll get the seatback tops on. All this is leading up to getting the roof anchored down on Friday or Saturday and beginning work on the companionway hood...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net

Visitors