Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm Joining the LDS (sort of)


So, the lower hull has essentially been built. The filleting is done albeit messily, but I have come up with an ingenious way of sanding down all the fillets and corners to a smooth and perfect finish. A Dremel tool with a couple of flap wheel sanding bits. It produces a LOT of dust, so much so that I think my respirator is now saturated and I need new filters (it's not a good thing when your throat feels dry after sanding). As a matter of fact I think it's actually quite toxic. Whatever, my liver will give out far before the rest of me. The upside is my fillets are nice and smooth and I can begin glassing the interior hull. The enclosed picture shows what the in progress glassing looks like. Essentially, I'm saturating the fiberglass cloth with epoxy to the bottom of the hull and the bulkhead all the while keeping the fabric perfectly smooth along every surface. This is actually not as hard as it sounds. If you start in the center of an edge of the fabric and work your way from there progressively the fabric smooths out pretty easily. I'm about half done so far. Hopefully by midweek next week when I leave for Seattle I'll be done all of the coats of interior epoxy and ready to fit the floorboards upon my return. Here's the picture:

On another note: does anyone know if it's worth trying to be friends with an ex? That's a hell of a topic change I realize but I have been toiling for the last month if it's worth doing. Obviously I still care for her (I wouldn't be bitching otherwise now would I?) but I always feel horrible after talking to her no matter how the conversation went. I suppose I shouldn't complain, I wanted to break up with her first (shortly after we got together in fact) and in the end I did get exactly what I wanted. I just didn't plan to actually end up having long lasting feelings for her. My fault I suppose for being a misogynistic hopeless romantic. It always amuses me when someone says that love is supposed to be easy. Is it ever? Anything worth doing is never easy. So then why fall in love and stay with one person if it's supposed to be easy?

I should've been a Mormon (for the polygamy, not the no drinking) Ok, I should've been a jack mormon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net

Visitors