Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Like Sex and Boats (not Candy)...


I got a fairly late start today because I decided I would go out last night. It wasn't really a thrilling night but it wasn't the bar's fault. There were plenty of cute girls but they were showing The Doors on tv with the closed captioning on. I was entirely too distracted by how fucked up Jim Morrison was. Eventually I got bored of the random girls blatantly showing off cleavage to attract attention. (The friend I was with likes to point out that female humans evolved and grew breasts to turn men on during sex since humans are one of the few species to copulate face-to-face. Most animals do it from behind. I wonder if there is a correlation between being an ass man vs. a boob man and their preferred sexual position?)
Anyway... back to boatbuilding; as I said before I didn't get much done, but I did cut out the pieces for the centerboard and the keelson. I tried to be a badass and cut out a puzzle joint to join the halves of the keelson. I am in fact, not a badass. But regardless with enough thickened epoxy slathered all over the place I'm sure I'll be fine. I clamped the hell out of it for curing, and I'm sure it's nothing a sander won't clean up. I'm thinking I'll go with scarf joints from here on out after all. I layered on a second coat of epoxy onto the centerboard trunk, only one more to go! And I'm excited to get started on shaping the centerboard. Once I have some free time during the week I'll probably apply the last coat of epoxy on the trunk and epoxy the two halves of the centerboard together, I'm guessing that should be fairly quick and easy as an after work task...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net

Visitors